Kiersten and Julien from Rich and Regular join us for our last interview in season 2. You may have seen them in the trailer for the upcoming documentary Playing With FIRE. We couldn’t have asked for better guests to wrap up the season, these two blew it out of the park.
We originally brought them on to talk about finances and relationships and they had amazing insights into that, but we ended up going so much deeper!
The best way to describe it is a multi faceted, layered talk about money, relationships, society, awareness, and the challenges African American’s face, especially while striving for FIRE.
Bethany and I had our own reality checks during our own journey, yet the common advice out there doesn’t always apply to everyone. It was an important reminder that we hope everyone takes to heart when listening.
If you are someone pursuing FI/RE, then this is a must listen. Without further ado we are happy to bring you two regular, yet rich people.
- Early money memories
- What shaped their early mindsets about money
- Having money conversations with your partner
- The individual feelings about money coming into a relationship
- Paying off $200k of debt in 5 years
- Balancing extremes with frugality
- Race, gender, sexuality and how it relates to money
- Societal issues
- Under-represented voices in the FIRE community
- Their responsibility as influencers
- What they taught each-other
Thank you for listening. If you would like to help support us please consider the following:
- Leave us a review on iTunes or whichever platform you are listening with.
- Hit that subscribe button to stay up to date with current episodes.